Monday, August 2, 2010

Long Time No See

It's been a few weeks since I posted anything on my road trip which was a blast. It rained almost everyday,except on the day we went to the beach in Florida and when we went to Six Flags in Alrington. The first day we drove to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Along the way we took an extra hour to go see the 4 corners. When we finally get to the 4 Corners we discover that the monument is closed!


Back in the car we continued onto Albuquerque. We stayed with a girl on Kals soccer team. The next day we hit the road again and headed to Dallas.

We drve on Route 66 for part of the way.


This is what Kal did most the time



We finally made it to Texas


We stopped in Amarillo....Amarillo By Morning.....We stopped at my favorite restaurant, Rudy's. Ever since I went to Texas 6 years ago I've been talking about it and I'm glad Kalehua could finally understand my love for Rudy's cream corn.


We finally made it to Dallas and stayed with Uncle Rees in midlothian. We went to 6 flags and had a blast. Met up with a friend for dessert. The next day we drove to Austin and stoppe at every outlet mall along the way. We visited the state capital and then it started to rain so we hung out inour hotel. The Next day we drove to San Antonio and it was POURING when we got there so again we hung out in the hotel. Our frequent food stop was Whataburger...best fast food ever.


but other than the occasional Rudy's stop or Whataburger our usual meal consisted of beef jerky and Cup o noodles.

In San Atonio we went to The Alamo and the boot mall. I wanted to go tubing real bad but because of the huge down pour we didn't think it was the best idea. We watched some of the Word Cup at a restaurant along the river walk.


On the way out of San Antonio ewent to the San Antonio Temple



We made it to Houston a few hours later, checked into our hotel and Kalehua went for a run. It was so humid that her shins were sweating..


We were in Houston for church and found a singles ward near by. The night I finally got to see Wicked. I've loved this musical for years and I was so happy to see it would be in Houston when we were there. It was amazing!!


After Houston it was onto Florida. WE drove through Alabama, Louisianna and Georgia. It took us 2 days but we finally made it to Florida. Florida was so fun. We went to the beach with Mark, Holly, Liv and Trace. We saw Dolphins and tried to swim to them. We got really tan and took lots of pictures which I don't have on t computer yet. Needless to say, it was an awesome trip!

1 comments:

TAMPA said...

Love how you and your sister are so close !! :)