Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone! The Party that Laura and I threw was a blast. I had fun making my costume! I know what I'm going to be next year already! Here are a few pictures from our wild night. By the time everyone left, The Wintch Family and myself were all ready for bed! I don't think my body is made to host these kinds of events even though Laura really did all the hosting! But I had fun! and I think everyone there did too!

Our cuisine for the evening was Mummy dogs ( pigs in a blanket) and giant fingers (corn bread with an almond as a fingernail). I dont know what the halloweeny term for the rest of the food was. Of course we had green punch with dry ice! I had fun the rest of the night playing with the dry ice as did Bishop Wintch!

Mike didn't have a costume so courtesy of Matt Wintch, Mike was a cowboy. Thanks Matt! but the cowboy hat was a little tight!

Get it? The cowboy and the rodeo clown? Dallin was actually a Super Clown/Pirate!

Napoleon meets raquetball

We were suppose to be stuffing our faces, and I actually had a mouth full of rice krispie treat!

Luke and Kelli. He's from Utahs ghetto so he's a real thugga. WEST VALLEY!

The Hat was so fun! My tutu was easy to make but took some time! I just Googled "no sew tutu" and it came right up. What gave me the inspiration to make a tutu was last year my mom tried make tutu's for Kalehua and her friends and they didn't turn out so I've been wanting to know how to make one. I was at the University Mall about a month ago and in those center kiosk things there is one that sold the cutest tutu's for like 40 dollars. I took a close look at how they made them and it was the easiest thing I've ever seen! Mine took a couple hours of tedious knot tying but that's cause it was a big one. I'm sure it wouldn't take time at all to make one for a little girl. A really cute idea would be to make one yellow and black for a bee, black and red for a spider, white and silver for a mummy, basically you can make any costume more girly with a tutu! and there is no sewing involved!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like so much fun!! I love costume parties!
And I totally want to check out your tutu, maya would love that :)

Torgersons said...

Dang, that tutu is darling. When I get pregnant with little Jane, will you make her a tutu?

September said...

I would love to learn to make the no sew tutu!